Carson Fortner started his training in 1994 under Charles Prescott in Sylvania, Georgia. In 2005 he recieved his first degree Black Belt in American Tang Soo Do under Master Instructor Clay Pierson at Statesboro Karate and Krav Maga. In 2007 he recieved his second degree Black Belt , and in 2011 he recieved his third degree Black Belt in American Tang Soo Do. He earned is 4th degree in December of 2014 earning him the title of Master. He has always had a passion for teaching children and enjoys watching them develop into amazing young people. It has always been Mr. Fortner’s dream to have a martial arts school and to create a home for his own students.
Mr. Fortner was born in Savannah and raised in Sylvania and Statesboro. He is very close to his family, which includes his loving wife and his two sisters. His mother is originally from Bulloch County while his dad is originally from Candler county; they now live in Statesboro.
Mr. Fortners Education/Credentials:
- BS in Natural and Cultural Resource Management at Georgia Southern University
- Minor in Finance at Georgia Southern University
- 1St Degree Black Belt in American Tang Soo Do
- 2nd Degree Black Belt in American Tang Soo Do
- 3rd Degree Black Belt in American Tang Soo Do
- 4th Degree Black Belt In American Tang Soo Do
- 1st-4th Degree Certified BlackBelt in Tang Soo Do
- A.T.S.D.A Organization
- A.U.B.B.S Organization
- A.B.S.K Organization
- Tang Soo Do Master Instructor Certification
- Blue Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (Americas Best BJJ/Felipe Ruiz)
- Purple Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (Team 3 Checkmat/Sergio Machado)
- Krav Maga Certified Instructor (American Krav Maga Federation)
- Krav Maga Level 1 Handgun Completion
- Level 1 Gun and Stick Completion
- Fight Club Level 1&2 Completion
- Controlled F.O.R.C.E. Training Completion
“I love my kids and nothing makes me happier than to watch them succeed and grow into better martial artist than I am. It is important for me that kids learn to defend themselves and that they set goals and accomplish those goals.”
Carson Fortner, Master Instructor
Please contact us if you have any questions about our programs.